- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the turkey, cheese and chilies, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal and salt.
- Cut in the butter until particles are the size of small peas (a pastry blender makes this an easy job).
- Sprinkle with water and mix with pastry blender or fork until pastry can be formed into a ball.
- Add a little more water, if necessary.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- Turn one portion onto a floured board and roll into an 11-inch square.
- Place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Spread half the turkey mixture over half of the pastry square, coming to within 1-1/2 inches of the edge.
- Fold other half of pastry over it, and crimp edges to seal.
- Repeat this procedure with other portion of dough and remainder of turkey mixture.
- Brush turnovers with milk.
- Sprinkle remaining corn meal on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Slice into wedges to serve.
Prep time: 40 Min; Cooking time: 25 Min; Total time: 1 Hr 5 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell