- In a small non-stick skillet, sauté the bell peppers and onions in the olive oil just until softened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the green chiles and olives.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cumin and black pepper until blended. Melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Swirl it around and up the sides of the skillet to coat.
- When the butter begins to foam, pour in the eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for about 30 seconds, then begin running the spatula around the sides of the pan, lifting the edges of the omelet.
- Uncooked egg from the top will flow underneath. (You can tilt the pan a little to encourage the flow.)
- Keep this up until the top surface is almost dry. (It only takes 3 or 4 minutes.)
- Spoon the sautéed vegetables evenly over the omelet surface and follow with the grated cheese.
- Turn off heat.
- Take the spatula and run it about halfway under the omelet.
- Lift that side and fold the omelet in half.
- Slide the folded omelet back into the center of the pan, and let stand for a few seconds to allow cheese to melt.
- Cut into portions and serve.
- Pass sour cream and cilantro for garnish.
Total time: 18 Min