You'll love this this wonderful marinated chicken dish whether you bake it in your oven or grill it on the patio. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of tequila left over for margaritas.
- Mix all ingredients and place in a glass dish or 1-gallon freezer bag.
- Add chicken breasts, and marinate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, drain it and pour the marinade into a small saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring the marinade to a boil and boil gently for at least 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done.
- To grill the chicken, cook it, uncovered, over medium-hot coals, basting it with some of the marinade, until it is cooked through.
- To bake the chicken, place the breasts in a small Pyrex dish, cover tightly with aluminum foil, and bake in a 450°F preheated oven for 16 to 18 minutes, until cooked through.
- Uncover the chicken for the last 3 minutes of baking time.
- Do not serve immediately, but cover with aluminum foil and let breasts rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve whole or sliced, topped with the cooked marinade.
Note: If you use the sauce both for basting and serving on the side, be sure to separate the sauce used for basting from the sauce you will serve. The sauce used for basting will accumulate raw meat juices via your basting brush or mop as you baste and, therefore, should not be eaten.
This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a larger gathering or larger appetites.
Total time: 8 Hrs 25 Min