Sweet Potato Praline Pie
This pie is a true treasure. Print this recipe and laminate it; you don't ever want to lose it. From Patricia Mitchell's article on baked holiday desserts.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan.
- Add the pecans and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is golden brown and pecans are toasted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sweet potatoes, eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and bourbon, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325° and bake an additional 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
Note: The equivalent of 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice is 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/8 teaspoon allspice and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
Total time: 1 Hr 55 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell