Glazed Sweet Potato Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and spices in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in the corn syrup, butter and sweet potatoes.
- Bring to a boil over mediuim heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Slightly beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl with a fork.
- Mix about half the boiled mixture with the egg yolks.
- Then mix the egg yolk mixture back into the mixture remaining in the pan.
- Stir well to combine.
- Pour filling into an unbaked 9-inch pie shell, and sprinkle chopped pecans over top.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce heat to 350°F, and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.
Prep time: 1 Hr 15 Min; Cooking time: 45-50 Min; Total time: 2 Hrs-2 Hrs 5 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell