Sweet Potato Muffins
>Watch out! These unassuming little treats are addictive. You'll see why this is one of our most popular sweet potato recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray, or use liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients, stirring well.
- In a second bowl, combine the next four ingredients, stirring well.
- Make a well in center of the dry ingredients.
- Add the sweet potato mixture and stir just until mixture is combined and dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in muffin center comes out clean.
- Cool in tins for 5 minutes; then turn out muffins on wire racks.
Note: Muffin Tips: Lightly toasting the pecans will make a big flavor difference. To toast whole pecans, spread them out on a baking sheet and toast at 350°F for 4 or 5 minutes, or until you begin to smell them. Pecan pieces or chopped pecans will take less time to toast.
Total time: 1 Hr 35 Min-1 Hr 40 Min