Sweet Potato Meringue Pie
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine the sweet potatoes and egg yolks.
- Add the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, coconut and milk.
- Pour mixture into pie shell, and bake at 325°F until set, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue on hot filling, sealing to edges.
- Return pie to oven and bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Prep time: 1 Hr 15 Min; Cooking time: 47-55 Min; Total time: 1 Hr 2 Min-1 Hr 10 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
Sweet Potato Recipes