Southwestern Barbecue Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour mixture into blender container.
- Process until smooth, scraping down side of container as necessary.
Note: May be used to baste meat or chicken and/or served as a sauce on the side. If you use the sauce both for basting and serving on the side, be sure to separate the sauce used for basting from the sauce you will serve. The sauce used for basting will accumulate raw meat juices via your basting brush or mop as you baste and, therefore, should not be eaten.
Also, see Memorial Day Cook-Out for barbecue tips and techniques with this sauce recipe.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 3 Hrs 45 Min; Total time: 4 Hrs
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- All Purpose Marinade I
- All Purpose Marinade II
- Barbecue Sauce No. 1
- Barbecue Sauce No. 2
- Creamy Horseradish-Chive Sauce
- Beef Fajita Marinade I
- Beef Fajita Marinade II
- Beef Fajita Marinade III
- Beer Marinade for Beef
- Chicken Fajita Marinade
- Dry Rub for Chicken, Ribs or Brisket
- Lone Star Steak Sauce
- Magnolia Cafe Chipotle Sauce
- Mahogany Sauce
- Marinade for Grilled Chicken
- Quick Barbecue Sauce