- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter with the salt, lemon zest, nutmeg, sugar and eggs.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and baking soda.
- With electric mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten cookies by stamping with a cookie press or bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar.
- Sprinkle cookies with more granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 12 Min; Total time: 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell