Stuffed Pattypan Squash
- Preheat Oven to 400°F.
- Toss together the zucchini, yellow squash and salt.
- Let stand 30 minutes; then drain well.
- Press between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Set aside.
- Cook pattypan squash in enough boiling salted water to cover 8 to 10 minutes or until tender but still firm.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a 1/2-inch slice from the stem end of each squash.
- Scoop out the seeds, leaving the shells intact.
- Place shells in a 9x13-inch pan that has been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the zucchini, yellow squash, onion, thyme and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and spoon an equal amount into each pattypan shell.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
Total time: 4 Hrs