Easy Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Wash, hull and halve the strawberries, and mash well with a potato masher. Do not puree.
- Measure out 2 cups of the mashed strawberries and combine them with the sugar in a bowl.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Combine pectin and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir the pectin into the strawberry-sugar mixture, and continue stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour strawberry mixture into wide-mouth freezer jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- Remove visible air bubbles using a swizzle stick or chopstick.
- Adjust caps, and let stand until set, but no more than 24 hours.
Note: Once thawed, these little pints of freezer jam will keep for about 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Total time: 45 Min