Sliced Tomato and Onion Salad
If you get your hands on a basket of locally grown, fresh-from-the-soil ripe garden tomatoes at the farmers market, make this. Delicious, satisfying and spectacularly low calorie, you'll have salad for days, or hours, depending on how many are at your table.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- Set aside.
- Core tomatoes, and cut each into 6 slices.
- Thinly slice the onion and separate into rings.
- Layer tomato slices and onion rings in a shallow dish, and sprinkle with oregano.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables, cover, and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
Note: About 35 calories per serving
Total time: 10 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell