Spicy Blackeyed Pea Soup
- Saut° onion in bacon drippings until soft.
- Mash the peas with a potato masher and add to the onions in the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, beef broth and cheese, and simmer until the cheese has melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a blender or food processor and purée.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Note: You may substitute 2 small, peeled fresh tomatoes and a minced serrano or jalapeño pepper (seeds, stems and ribs removed) for the Ro-Tel tomatoes, if desired.
Total time: 30 Min