Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Cream together the shortening and the sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and add the vanilla and sour cream.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- When mixed well, add the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Note: If you like your cookies more chewy than crispy, put a piece of ordinary bread in with your cookies in an airtight container. I usually divide my batch of cookies, making one-half chewy (with bread) and one-half crispy (no bread).
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 12-15 Min; Total time: 27-30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Texas Cookie Recipes by John Raven, Ph.B.
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies