Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This is a wonderful, moist cake, perfect for brunch or anytime.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a bundt or tube pan well.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the eggs, butter and sugar.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- With the mixer running at low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients, and mix just until batter is smooth.
- Combine the chopped pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add half of the cake batter to the pan. Then the remaining pecan mixture.
- Pour the remaining half of the cake batter in the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until cake tester comes out clean when inserted in center of cake.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 55 Min-1 Hr; Total time: 1 Hr 10-15 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Butter Pecan Layer Cake & Frosting
- Favorite Chocolate Layer Cake & Frosting
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Louise's Italian Coconut Cake & Frosting
- Making Cakes with Chef Jennifer Farmer
- Red Velvet Cake: Red Velvet Cake and the Great Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Texas Sheet Cake: Hospitality in a Cake