Soft Sugar Cookies
Cookies just like Grandma used to make. The secret to these cookies is using freshly-ground nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- With electric mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and edges begin to brown.
Total time: 32 Min