Soft Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter with the sugar and eggs.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- With electric mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle cookies with granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes and edges begin to brown.
Total time: 32 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Texas Cookie Recipes by John Raven, Ph.B.
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies