For a colorful twist, use flavored tortillas. Green spinach tortillas and roasted red bell pepper tortillas make a great Christmas color combination. This recipe is wide open for improvisation. From David Bulla's article on party appetizers.
- Using the paddle attachment on a mixer or a spoon and a bowl, mix together the cream cheese and lime juice until incorporated and the cream cheese is easy to work with.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cooked shrimp and pico de gallo.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the flour tortillas and roll them up tightly.
- Wrap the roll-ups and chill overnight.
- When it's party time, slice into half-inch thick slices and arrange fanned out on a platter lined with shredded cabbage or leaf lettuce.
Note: Pico de gallo is simply diced ripe tomatoes, sweet red onions, fresh jalapeño peppers, chopped cilantro and a little bit of lime juice to make a "chutney" type salsa.
Total time: 4 Hrs