Seven Minute Frosting
This recipe has been around forever. It is still among the best, simplest, prettiest frostings around. It can also be tinted with a few drops of food coloring.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, beating constantly with a portable electric mixer until frosting is fluffy and stands in peaks, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and fold in vanilla.
- Makes enough for top and sides of an 8- or 9-inch layer cake.
Prep time: 10 Min; Cooking time: 7 Min; Total time: 20 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Cooked Buttercream Frosting
- Butter Pecan Layer Cake & Frosting
- Favorite Chocolate Layer Cake & Frosting
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Louise's Italian Coconut Cake & Frosting
- Making Cakes with Chef Jennifer Farmer
- Red Velvet Cake: Redvenvet Cake and the Great Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Texas Sheet Cake: Hospitality in a Cake