Savory Pumpkin Cake
Is Pumpkin Pie a dud at your house? If members of your family (usually the children) turn up their noses at traditional pumpkin pie, try this seasonal favorite that is guaranteed to have everyone asking for more. Savory Pumpkin Cake is perfect for Thanksgiving. A mixture of spices will fill your senses with warmth and a homey feeling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening
- Add the eggs.
- Add this to the dry mixture and cream well.
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla.
- Mix well and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 90 minutes at 350°F degrees.
Note: This cake is one of Beverly Burmeier's fine recipes.
Cream Cheese Frosting may be added, but the cake is scrumptious without any topping. It is moist and keeps well for several days, if there's any left.
Total time: 1 Hr 45 Min