Sausage Cheese Dip
You are guaranteed to get raves on this dip. Serve
it in a heated dish or crock pot on lowest setting. This recipe makes a lot of dip -- about 10 cups -- plenty for a superbowl party or other large gathering. You'll need to lay in a goodly store of chips. For a smaller get-together, this recipe easily can be halved.
This dip can be made a day in advance and refrigerated overnight. Just be sure to allow plenty of time for reheating. It should be reheated slowly; your crockpot is ideal for reheating.
- Brown the ground beef and sausage together in a Dutch oven until crumbly.
- Drain on paper towels to remove as much fat as possible. (This may not be necessary if using lean ground beef and sausage.)
- Return drained mixture to pan.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat until cheese is melted, and mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Serve warm with tortilla or corn chips.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 3 Hrs 45 Min; Total time: 4 Hrs
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell