Ranch Round Steak
- Trim excess fat from steak, and slash edges to prevent curling.
- Combine flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper, and use to coat steak pieces.
- Reserve remaining flour mixture.
- In skillet, brown steak pieces on each side in hot oil.
- Lower heat to simmer.
- Combine water and Worcestershire sauce and add to skillet.
- Cover tightly and simmer on lowest heat for 1 hour until steak is tender.
- Remove to platter and keep warm.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture in skillet.
- Over medium heat, quickly mix flour mixture with pan juices, mashing out any lumps.
- Gradually add 1/2 to 1 cup water, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and reaches desired consistency.
- Drizzle gravy over steak and serve.
Total time: 1 Hr 25 Min