Round-Up Beef (for a Crowd)
Next time you need to satisfy 20 to 25 appetites, here's your recipe.
- Dredge strips of beef in flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in oil in large, heavy skillet, working in batches, if necessary.
- Combine in saucepan water, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and onion.
- Bring to a simmer, remove from heat, and pour over beef.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low simmer, and cook, covered, until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- Do not allow to dry out.
Note: This dish freezes well if you need to prepare it in advance.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 3 Hrs 45 Min; Total time: 4 Hrs
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell