Roast Pork and Potatoes with Bacon, Garlic and Sage
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Trim as much fat as possible from the roast.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife make small slits all over the roast and insert a sliver of garlic in each.
- Stretch each piece of bacon before using it (otherwise it will shrink when you wrap it around the roast).
- Wrap the strips around the pork, tucking sage leaves under each strip.
- Fasten the bacon with toothpicks.
- Set the roast in a roasting pan and surround it with the potatoes which have been boiled in their skins for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, turning roast halfway through cooking.
- The roast is done when it registers 170°F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove roast from the oven and let it rest in a warm place, covered loosely with foil, for 10 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Cut the roast into thick slices.
- Serve with the potatoes and spinach or green beans.
Total time: 2 Hrs 30 Min