Toasted Rice, Oyster and Bacon Dressing
This dressing can be baked as a side dish or used to stuff a 12- to 15-pound turkey.
- Spread the rice in a shallow baking pan.
- Toast at 400°F until golden brown, about 20 minutes, shaking pan occasionally so rice browns evenly.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine rice, water and chicken broth in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 18 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Sauté the onion, celery and parsley in the butter until soft, but not browned.
- Add the oysters and cook until edges curl.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large baking dish, combine the cooked rice, oyster mixture, breadcrumbs, crumbled bacon, eggs and poultry seasoning.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes.
- Stir dressing, and add a little chicken broth if it seems too dry.
- Check seasonings and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return dish to oven and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
Total time: 1 Hr 30 Min