Red Beans and Rice
A classic dish, sure to become a favorite at your house. This recipe was a blue-ribbon winner at the State Fair of Texas.
- In a saucepan, add vegetable broth, water and spices and place over a medium to high flame. Using a food processor, puree roasted green chiles, tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, serranos and lime juice.
- Add to saucepan, stirring in well. Bring mixture to a slow boil. Lower flame and slowly add American cheese, whipping as needed to remove clumps and make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. When the cheese is melted and mixed, remove from hear.
- To make enchiladas, fill a corn tortilla with 2 ounces of cooked, roasted chicken. Roll up and place in a baking pan.
- Top with mixed cheese, as needed.
- Warm in a hot oven for 4 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with Boom-Boom Sauce.
Total time: 4 Hrs