Quick Anytime Omelet
You should begin by setting the table because in a very few minutes, you'll be able to sit down and eat.
- First, chop the peppers and onion and grate the cheese.
- Set aside. With a fork, beat the eggs in a small bowl until blended.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Swirl it around and up the sides of the skillet to coat.
- When the butter begins to foam, pour in the eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for about 30 seconds, then begin running the spatula around the sides of the pan, lifting the edges of the omelet.
- Uncooked egg from the top will flow underneath.
- You can tilt the pan a little to encourage the flow.
- Keep this up until the top surface is almost dry.
- It only takes 3 or 4 minutes.
- Quickly sprinkle the chopped vegetables evenly over the surface and follow with the grated cheese.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Take the spatula and run it about halfway under the omelet.
- Lift that side and fold the omelet in half.
- Cooked eggs are not that delicate, and the omelet should fold easily without tearing.
- Slide the folded omelet back into the center of the pan, turn off the heat, and allow the cheese to melt for 30 seconds or so.
- Cut the omelet into portions with the spatula, and serve.
Prep time: 5 Min; Cooking time: 10 Min; Total time: 15 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell