Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake
This cheesecake is one of our most highly-praised recipes. The recipe for the pecan gingersnap crust is a prize in itself, but the whole cake is one you'll make again and again.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine gingersnap crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto bottom and slightly up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. (See Note, below.) Bake for 10 minutes in 350°F oven. Remove and allow to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla, mixing at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until combined after each addition. Do not overbeat. Remove 1 cup batter from mixture and chil.
- Add remaining sugar (1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons), pumpkin and spices to remaining batter; mix on low speed just until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the prepared gingersnap crust. Then pour or spoon the chilled cream cheese batter on top of the pumpkin batter. There will not be enough to spread in a single layer. Cut through the light and dark batters with a knife in circular motions several times to achieve a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill before serving.
- Makes 1 cheesecake.
Pumpkin Marble Cheesecake Notes
If you want to remove the cheesecake from the base of the springform pan for serving, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper cut to size before pressing in the crust ingredients.
This recipe appeared in the article Puns and Pumpkins.
Total time: 1 Hr 45 Min