Praline Pound Cake
From Patricia Mitchell's article on baked holiday desserts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or 12-cup Bundt pan (or use baking spray that contains flour).
- Cream butter and shortening. Gradually add the sugar, and beat until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 2-1/2 cups of the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and stir well. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Dredge the chopped pecans in the remaining 1/2 cup flour (this is to keep the pecans suspended in the batter and not sinking to the bottom). Stir pecans and vanilla into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
Total time: 2 Hrs