Poppy Seed Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and honey. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Prep time: 30 Min; Cooking time: 30 Min; Total time: 1 Hr 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Butter Pecan Layer Cake & Frosting
- Favorite Chocolate Layer Cake & Frosting
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Louise's Italian Coconut Cake & Frosting
- Making Cakes with Chef Jennifer Farmer
- Red Velvet Cake and the Great Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Texas Sheet Cake: Hospitality in a Cake