This filling turns an ordinary white or yellow cake into something very special.
- Combine the sugar, flour, pineapple juice and egg yolk in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the lemon juice and crushed pineapple. Allow to cool before filling cake.
- Makes enough to fill a 3-layer cake.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 15 Min; Total time: 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Butter Pecan Layer Cake & Frosting
- Favorite Chocolate Layer Cake & Frosting
- Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Louise's Italian Coconut Cake & Frosting
- Making Cakes with Chef Jennifer Farmer
- Red Velvet Cake and the Great Neiman Marcus Cookie Hoax
- Texas Sheet Cake: Hospitality in a Cake