Peppermint Candy Cookies
If you enjoy baking for the holidays, these cookies are a must. The peppermint-cream cheese filling is irresistible.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup of the confectioners sugar and vanilla. Gradually add the flour at low speed, and then add pecans, mixing thoroughly. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill while preparing the filling.
- Combine the crushed peppermint candy with 1/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar. Set aside.
- To make the filling, blend the cream cheese with the milk in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons of the crushed candy mixture. Tint mixture with one drop of food coloring.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and shape into balls, using a rounded teaspoonful for each. Make a deep hole in the center of each and fill with a rounded 1/4 teaspoon of the filling. Seal, and place cookies three inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and, while warm, roll in remainder of crushed candy mixture. When cookies are cool, roll them again in remaining candy mixture.
- Makes about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 15 Min; Total time: 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Texas Cookie Recipes by John Raven, Ph.B.
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Blossoms
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies