- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the white sugar until fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla, mixing well.
- Stir together the flour, soda and salt. Gradually add to the peanut butter mixture.
- Shape cookie dough into balls, rolling each in the remaining sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart for 8 minutes. Press a Hersey's Kiss into the center of each cookie, and bake an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 12 Min; Total time: 27 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Texas Cookie Recipes by John Raven, Ph.B.
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies