Oven-Baked Buttermilk Chicken
This savory dish is every bit as appropriate for Sunday dinner as it is for a picnic. Boneless, skinless chicken pieces, especially chicken thighs, may be used with great success.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine onion soup mix with the flour, and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with the buttermilk. Dip chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture, then flour mixture, coating well. A breading basket is a handy gadget to use for this task.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large shallow baking pan (a 9x13-inch baking dish works well), and chill for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted butter, then bake 45 minutes or until well done.
- Serves 4 to 6 people, depending upon appetites.
Total time: 1 Hr 15 Min