Oatmeal Drop Cookies
This outstanding oatmeal cookie recipe calls for dates instead of the usual raisins. You can use raisins if you want to, but dates will give you an exceptional result.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Stir in the oatmeal.
- With an electric mixer at high speed, cream together the butter, vanilla and brown sugar. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Stir in dates and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Prep time: 20 Min; Cooking time: 10 Min; Total time: 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies