Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
Nothing complicated about this recipe. These cookies are easy to make and even easier to eat. Great with a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of milk, they are loved by all ages.
- Combine all ingredients (except additional sugar and cinnamon) and beat with an electric mixer at low speed until well mixed, about 3 minutes. Dough will be a bit sticky. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until dough is firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- By rounded tablespoons, roll the chilled dough into balls, and roll each in a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Mix additional sugar and cinnamon if needed.
- Place two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 16 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Prep time: 2 Hr 15 Min; Cooking time: 15 Min; Total time: 2 Hrs 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies