Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
Nothing fancy here, but these cookies are a nice departure from the standard oatmeal cookie, and will become a favorite around your house.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and gradually add the sugar, beating at medium speed until well blended. Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and allspice. Beat in the egg, and mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating well. Add the oats, and mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Total time: 25 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Almond Icebox Cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies