Honey Barbecue Baked Chicken
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place in the baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, barbecue sauce, lemon juice and chopped onion. Pour evenly over chicken pieces to coat. Cover and refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature. Arrange lemon slices over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Turn chicken pieces, and increase oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until done.
- Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Note: To test for doneness, pierce chicken pieces in thickest part with a fork. Juices should run clear.
Total time: 4 Hrs