Guacamole is wonderful alone with fried tortilla chips, or alongside many other dishes. You can also serve guacamole dip at parties.
- Roughly mash the peeled avocadoes in a bowl. Leave lumps. Stir in the lime or lemon juice. Add all remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve at once.
- If you must refrigerate guacamole, cover it with plastic wrap, placing the wrap directly on the surface. Contact with air will darken the guacamole. Use, however, as quickly as possible.
- Guacamole heat preferences range from none to plenty. Obviously, the heat depends upon the quantity of jalapeños used. Some chiles are hotter than others, so experiment to determine your favorite proportion of ingredients.
Guacamole Recipe Variations
- Substitute serrano chiles for jalapeños
- Add 1 small tomato, seeded, pulp removed, chopped
- Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Add 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Add freshly ground black pepper
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 0 Min; Total time: 15 Mins
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell