No-Bake Grapefruit Cheesecake
This recipe is from Anabel Trudeau, pastry chef at Take the Cake in Houston. Texas Rio Star grapefruit is preferred because it is so incredibly sweet.
- Peel and section grapefruit. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, brown sugar and cream creese until smooth. Add sour cream, dissolved gelatin and grapefruit juice; beat well.
- Stir in whipped cream. Pour into prepared piecrust. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Top with grapefruit sections and fresh mint.
- Makes 1 cheesecake.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in butter and mix well. Mixture will resemble coarse sand.
Press the mixture in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated 350°F degree oven. Cool completely before adding filling.
Total time: 4 Hrs 30 Minutes