Grandma's Blackberry Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together the sugar and flour in a small bowl.
- Remove ½ cup blackberries and set aside. Put remaining 3-1/2 cups berries in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle berries with sugar/flour mixture and gently mix with a spatula until mixture is well distributed.
- Pour berry mixture into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell. Scatter reserved ½ cup berries on top, and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, seal edges and crimp.
- Brush top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes. Then reduce oven setting to 375°F and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Note: Here are links to our piecrust recipes. Either standard or butter pastry is right for this pie.