This saucy omelet is light and delicious.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, onion, cucumber and lime juice. Toss to coat, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and black pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Swirl it around and up the sides of the skillet to coat. When the butter begins to foam, pour in the eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for about 30 seconds, then begin running the spatula around the sides of the pan, lifting the edges of the omelet. Uncooked egg from the top will flow underneath. You can tilt the pan a little to encourage the flow. Keep this up until the top surface is almost dry. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes.
- Spoon the avocado mixture evenly over the omelet surface and follow with the grated cheese. Turn off heat.
- Take the spatula and run it about halfway under the omelet. Lift that side and fold the omelet in half. Slide the folded omelet back into the center of the pan, and let stand for a few seconds to allow cheese to melt.
- Cut into portions, if two persons are sharing, and serve. Garnish with chopped cilantro and avocado slices, if desired.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 5 Min; Total time: 20 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell