Fresh Corn Chowder Soup
This soup recipe comes from the article Corn on the Fourth of July, featuring five fresh corn recipes.
- Gently sauté the onion in the butter in a Dutch oven or heavy saucepan until transparent and tender. Stir in the green and red peppers, corn, salt, basil, thyme and black pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove half of the vegetable mixture and place in a blender or food processor. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
- Return mixture to pan, stirring well.
- Add the milk, and cook until heated through. Do not boil.
- Makes 5 cups.
Total time: 45 Min