Hearty and filling, this omelet begs to be paired with hot buttermilk biscuits.
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, green onions and ham, and sauté until the potatoes are lightly browned. Cover and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and black pepper until blended.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Swirl it around and up the sides of the skillet to coat. When the butter begins to foam, pour in the eggs. Let the eggs cook for about 30 seconds, then begin running the spatula around the sides of the pan, lifting the edges of the omelet. Uncooked egg from the top will flow underneath. You can tilt the pan a little to encourage the flow. Keep this up until the top surface is almost dry, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Spoon the potato mixture evenly over the omelet surface and follow with the grated cheese. Turn off heat.
- Take the spatula and run it about halfway under the omelet. Lift that side and fold the omelet in half. Slide the folded omelet back into the center of the pan, and let stand for a few seconds to allow cheese to melt.
- Cut into portions and serve.
Total time: 30 Min