Dry-Rubbed Baby Backs
This is one of Dave Lieberman's recipes from the excellent Dave's Dinners. Dave has appetizers in mind for this recipe but, double it up, and you have a feast for several fortunate guests.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the ribs, onion, salt, pepper, and bay leaf in a stockpot. Cover with cold water and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the water and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the rub ingredients together well in a small bowl.
- Rub the vegetable oil onto the ribs. Pour the rub over the ribs and work the rub fully and evenly into the ribs. Spread the ribs out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, until crispy brown.
Prep time: 15 Min; Cooking time: 1 hour; Total time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell