Country-Style Vanilla Ice Cream
Try not to eat this too fast. You'll get a fierce headache if you do. If you've never made homemade ice cream using a freezer before, we answer your questions in our article How To Use an Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Freezer
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until thickened. Add cream, vanilla and salt and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate mixture until well chilled.
- Pour mixture into freezer can.
- Add milk to fill line on the can and stir well with a long-handled spoon.
- Freeze as directed.
- Makes approximately 4 quarts.
Note: We topped this delicious ice cream with fresh Texas blueberries, strawberries and chocolate syrup.
Total time: 14 hours
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell