Coconut Date Balls
These may be served like cookies and are nice to pack in tins to give as gifts. A Sidney Carlisle recipe.
- Combine the butter, sugar, milk, salt and egg in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, continuing to stir.
- Remove from the heat. Add the vanilla, dates and Rice Krispies. Mix well. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter and roll in the coconut. Store between layers of waxed paper in tins or in plastic storage bags.
- Yields about 40 one-inch balls.
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell
- Christmas in a Warm Kitchen Making Christmas cookies
- Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter Pecan Bars
- Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Drops
- Fudge Pecan Layer Bars
- Grandma's Sugar Cookies
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
- Old-Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Brittle Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies