Chocolate and pecans -- an unbeatable combination.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup (Karo)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, chocolate, butter and vanilla, blending well.
Stir in the pecans. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.
Here are links to our piecrust recipes. Either standard or butter
pastry is right for this pie.