These are easy and delicious. You may want to make a double batch.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- With an electric mixer at high speed, cream together the shortening and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, melted chocolate and vanilla until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk, blending well. Stir in the pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
Total time: 45 Min