Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift together the sifted flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the shortening and the sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, together with the hot water. When mixed well, add the pecans, semi-sweet morsels, oatmeal and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes about 8 dozen cookies.
Note: Making Chewy Cookies - If you like your cookies more chewy than crispy, put a piece of ordinary bread in with your cookies in an airtight container. I usually divide my batch of cookies, making one-half chewy (with bread) and one-half crispy (no bread).
Total time: 45 Min