Chiles Rellenos Casserole
This dish makes a wonderful company brunch or a great family supper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Split chiles lengthwise, and line the bottom the baking dish.
- Combine the cheddar cheese with the Monterrey Jack; toss to mix. Sprinkle 3 cups of the mixed cheese and all the green onions over the chiles. Top cheese with remaining split chiles.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour over chiles and cheese. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in center of dish comes out clean.
- Mix the salsa with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle over casserole and return to oven for 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Prep time: 30 Min; Cooking time: 1 Hr; Total time: 1 Hr 30 Min
Recipe editor Patricia Mitchell